Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Rome wasn't built in a day

Hmmm . . . this going from eBook to the NY Times Bestseller list is going to be a little harder than I thought. After a week on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Smashwords and CreateSpace I’ve sold twenty-one copies of The Floating Man.

But I’m not worried. Besides living in my own little fantasy world, I have my own marketing plan. It consists of two words.

Start Small!

Well, I think I’m right on track in that regard.

And today, I expand my little universe and send an email to the members of the writer’s group that I belong to — all eighty members. If you are a believer in multi-level marketing, I think you know what this means: if each of the members spreads the word to ten of their friends, were talking eight hundred people. And if they spread it to ten of their friends, that’s eight thousand more. And on and on.

In fact, if all goes well, within a month I should have reached over a billion people. And if only ten percent of them buy my book, that means sales of over one hundred million. Of which, I should rake in a little over $17, 536.00

Seems kinda small potatoes to me, but my accountant explained it.

And if this multi-level marketing thing doesn’t work out, there is still my friend Biff.
I have to buy him a Kindle though.

No comments:

Post a Comment